Did your hard drive fail?
Here are some steps & tips to prevent permanent data loss:
CLICK HERE FOR ON LINE DATA RECOVERY QUOTE!
Shut your computer down immediately if any unusual noise is heard (ex. clicking, whirring or grinding).
- DO NOT run utilities if you are not familiar with the programs!!! If you do, make sure you can UNDO any alterations if they prove unsuccessful.
- DO NOT open the drive in an uncontrolled environment. This can disturb the hardware settings and allows contaminants to settle internally on the media surface.
- Avoid home remedies for data recovery (ex. freezing the drive, hitting the drive to release a “stuck” head stack, etc.)…these processes can cause further damage or permanent data loss.
- Make sure you package the drive properly when preparing it to for shipment. Hard drives are extremely sensitive to impact or static electricity. Place the drive is an anti-static bag, surround the device in padding and place in a sturdy container.
- Provide Excalibur Data Recovery with details about the critical data files you are most concerned about.
- Enclose, with your device, the executed data recovery agreement & job number assigned by Excalibur Data Recovery. This helps us to quickly identify the media and start the data recovery process!
about excalibur data recovery : contact excalibur data recovery : data recovery links
hard drive data recovery : data recovery process : RAID data recovery : faulty hard drive sounds
data recovery tips : data recovery faq's : tape data recovery : other data recovery products and services
preferred data recovery vendors : partnership program : reorder supplies
recommend excalibur data recovery : data recovery home